The role offers a broad ranging opportunity to inspire, prioritise and direct the company’s product investments. You will working in partnership with management colleagues across sales, marketing and R&D, and you will work externally with customers and industry participants.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Define and develop the company’s product strategy and proposition within its target markets
- Act as a thought leader and brand ambassador
- Organize and host regular Product Board meetings to review and agree investment priorities
- Identify and, with your team of Product Owners (currently 5 people), specify opportunities for profitable investment in new product features
- Prioritise work on feature requests from customers
- Support product go-to-market preparation and product launches
- Track and report progress.
Together with your team, your deliverables will include:
- Market and customer requirements research
- Product strategy concepts and product road maps
- Product scope and functional requirements documentation
- Engineering schedules (agreed with the engineering leads) and status reports
- Product marketing materials (created jointly with the marketing team)
- Participation in industry events, Customer facing presentations in support of sales activity
- Draft copy for PR, white papers and blog contributions.
- At least 10 years experience as a user or developer of financial software in, or closely associated with, credit products and services. Knowledge of banking practices obtained as a user in an operational setting or as a systems integrator or consultant would be an advantage
- Success in this role will require a broad understanding of financial services, most likely gained working in a leading institution or software vendor
- You should be familiar with operations spanning front office (origination, underwriting, order management), middle office (risk management, performance measurement) and back office processes (accounting, collections, compliance)
- The role will require familiarity with commercial and legal collections practices
- The ideal candidate will combine strong analytical abilities with good communication skills in English and German
- A good university degree in Finance, Economics, IT/Computer Science or a related analytical discipline will be expected. You must be numerate and have working knowledge of the mathematics of financial risk management #BE@COLLENDA
The preferred location for this role is the company’s product development and support center in Düsseldorf. Strong candidates wishing to work in Frankfurt will be considered. Regular international travel to customer sites and industry events will be required.
This senior position offers a broad scope for career development within an established name in financial services technology. The role will appeal to a self-starter who can bring enthusiasm and flair to the work of building world-class software while retaining a firm grasp of the commercial disciplines of sound product management.
In that case, please respond via email@example.com.