For the Engineering department we are looking for you at the next possible date as
QA ENGINEERING TEAMLEADER (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer in QA to overlook the quality of our OpenCredit4 Platform and drive the efforts to bring our quality to the next level. Based on a deep understanding of the quality needs of our customers and continuous quality assessment, you will develop strategies for sustainable improvements. You will lead our growing QA team and collaborate with experts from different backgrounds in Engineering, all working towards this shared goal of releasing high quality software at a high frequency with low risk.
At Collenda, we have the vision to decrease the recurring work such as manual effort and thus strongly embrace automation from the beginning. You therefore have the opportunity to apply your strong engineering background, while being a part of highly interesting topics such as software as a service, cloud computing and AI in the finance sector.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Your overall goal is to bring our software quality to the next level, allowing delivery of highly valuable software to our customers from the banking and corporate sectors at a high frequency with low risk and high confidence. You share this goal with the software developers and coordinate the implementation, execution and maintenance of the automated tests.
- Overlook the quality of the Open Credit Platform for all supported deployment variants (SaaS, AWS, On-Premise and Docker) including different databases and versions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the quality needs specific to our product and customers. Identify weak spots, propose priorities and initiatives accordingly, and implement together with development
- Create an efficient and stable concept for providing tests systems configured for different products and customers with the corresponding test data.
- Lead and grow our QA team, acting as a mentor to foster technical leadership within your team.
- Hands-on development of sophisticated end-to-end scenarios simulating the customer, e.g. in SaaS environments with highly parallel access patterns
- Contribute to our wide range of frameworks for automation. Also improvements or fixes for the actual product are welcome.
- Ensure our QA is compliant with the enterprise requirements from our customers.
- Introduce meaningful goals and metrics for quality and make transparent as we improve.
- You are used to work closely with other departments: Product, Professional Services, DevOps
- You report directly to the VP Engineering
- You have worked 5+ years in a senior QA engineering role for a complex software product, ideally a software as a service enterprise application
- You have proven that you can build and lead a team of highly skilled QA engineers
- You are a software engineer
- You have very good written and spoken English & German skills
- You have a strong understanding of test and quality methodologies and best practices
- You learn, evaluate and incorporate new technology, programming languages and methodologies on own initiative
- It is natural for you to write tested code and you have experience with frameworks for automated testing or benchmarking on different levels (unit tests, integration tests, system tests, GUID-tests)
- You have a strong desire to continuously improve processes and drive the product quality
- You are familiar with industry standards for quality or security
- Working in some of the programming languages: Java, React.js, SQL, Smalltalk, etc. is no problem for you
- You are familiar with tools like Cucumber
- You have experience with Cloud (AWS or others) or container technologies
- To be familiar with the area of finance or credit management is an advantage
- You love working in a Linux environment and are comfortable with Linux shell scripting
- You feel comfortable working in a Kanban/Lean environment
- Flexible working: In addition to attractive remuneration, we offer flexible working hours and home office arrangements
- Flat hierarchies: We give you space to push your own ideas and take responsibility
- Your own DNA counts: You have the opportunity to help shape and develop the engineering department at Collenda
- A great team: cohesion and fun in what we do are very important to us
- A feel-good atmosphere: Duz culture, fresh fruit, free drinks, staff events and discounts, sports activities
Apply today and become part of our #teamcollenda!
Please send us your application documents and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!