For the Engineering department we are looking for you at the next possible date for the location Meerbusch (near Düsseldorf) in part-time as
WORKING STUDENT BACK-END-DEVELOPMENT (M/F/D)
You are studying computer science and have already a lot of programming experience with Java? You want to use it in a dynamic professional environment being part of a challenging digital cloud transformation journey in the finance industry? We are looking for you to join our delivery team as a Back-End Working Student Developer in the area engineering. You’ll be part of an experienced development team that builds and maintains high performance credit management platform running in the cloud or on-premises. You’ll interact with the business, designers and other tech team members on a daily basis.
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
- I enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment
- I’m always open to new ideas, perspectives and solutions
- I’m eager to learn, and love to share
- I’d love to work with a fun, informal and diverse bunch of people
Then we are looking for you!
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the back-end code base of the credit management platform, allowing us to be the European market leader.
- Implement new features, prototype and design new ideas, connect with external systems, and optimize existing code to improve quality and stability.
- Participate in code reviews, define architecture with your peers, and implement tests and continuous integration pipelines to rapidly deliver new features.
- Improve the current platforms we have in place as well as work with new systems and technologies.
- Solve complex problems and architectural challenges such as performance issues and asynchronous programming.
- Proactively keep an eye on developments in relevant web technologies.
- Play an active role in the process of modernizing our technology stack to allow the platform to scale exponentially while keeping the systems running stable and smooth.
- Maintain, extend, scale and troubleshoot database.
- Carry out other team activities as for example functional solution, incident handling and testing.
- Work together with our Customer service department, resolve reported incident/defects and make our customers happy.
- University/HBO (business) informatics working and thinking level
- You have some professional or academic experience with Java
- You love coding and have built already some professional projects of your own
- You are able to work and communicate in both languages German and English
- You are well organized and a self starter
- You are a team player. At Collenda we help and support each other, and offer a hand where and when needed
- You like to do Cloud and Web dev
- You are familiar with techniques/languages such as: Springboot, Hiberante, Git, Jenkins, AWS, Java Enter
- Have experience in an agile environment
- Like to do front-end as well as back-end development
- Knowledge in some finance area
Benefits of Collenda:
- Flexible working: In addition to attractive remuneration, we offer flexible working hours and home office arrangements
- Flat hierarchies: We give you space to push your own ideas and take responsibility
- Your own DNA counts: You have the opportunity to help shape and develop the Engineering department at Collenda
- A great team: cohesion and fun in what we do are very important to us
- A feel-good atmosphere: Duz culture, fresh fruit, free drinks, staff events and discounts, sports activities
Apply today and become part of our team – #teamcollenda
Please send us your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you!